Saturday, December 12, 2009

Review of 11/21/09 Show (Reno, NV)



This show was incredibly special for several reasons. First, my bff Becki flew out for it; and second, it was in my hometown! I was just absolutely pumped for the show after two months with TBC shows and I knew the venue . . . Let me just say, Grand Sierra did not disappoint!!



This show solidified, for me, that Good Morning Captain is an amazing opening song! It just really sets a great tone and gets the crowd . . .

TBC_Reno by you.


Of course, the rest of the set list was incredible too!

Good Morning Captain
Under A Mountain
Kept My Soul
Let Me Share The Ride
Appaloosa
Shine Along
Movin' On Down The Line
Black Moon Creeping
Garden Gate
What Is Home
A Conspiracy
I Ain't Hiding
Jealous Again
Been A Long Time (Waiting On Love)
- encore -
So Many Times
Thick N' Thin


Highlights for me were finally hearing A Conspiracy live and hearing Under a Mountain again . . . here's a short video from it:



And then the jams in Let Me Share the Ride and Black Moon Creeping were incredible!! In fact, here's a video I took during the Black Moon Creeping jam:



That's what I love about TBC, songs that I never necessarily marveled over become extraordinary live -- and the jams! Needless to say, this show was so incredible that Becki and I woke up the next morning and spontaneously flew to San Diego for that night's show! Expect a recap soon of that one soon . . .



Also, this guy in front of me took some amazing pictures at the show and you should definitely check them out HERE!!

No comments: