Sunday, July 11, 2010

High Sierra 07/03/10



So, last weekend we went to see TBC at the High Sierra Music Festival in Quincy, California and I've got to tell you -- it was amazing. Looking at the set-list on paper, it probably seems pretty straight forward and like any other long festival set but the vibe was incredible....definitely the BEST vibe I've ever felt at a TBC show times one million. Everyone was into it-- Chris was incredibly happy and the band just seemed at peace. I loved every second of it.


SOUL SINGING
(ONLY) HALFWAY TO EVERYWHERE
SEEING THINGS
WISER TIME
POOR ELIJAH - TRIBUTE TO JOHNSON (MEDLEY)
DOWNTOWN MONEY WASTER -> JAM ->
THORN IN MY PRIDE
OH JOSEPHINE
HARD TO HANDLE -> JAM
BEEN A LONG TIME (WAITING ON LOVE)
REMEDY
- encore -
DON'T DO IT




Seeing Things was incredible . . . just watch:



There were a lot of jams but not too much -- it's hard to describe but it was the perfect balance. The Thorn In My Pride was the best I've ever seen -- started with Take Off From the Future jam and then there was a jam in the middle and after . . . but it was seamless and every single person in the crowd felt the energy of the band. I loved the encored-- I can't seem to get enough of Don't Do It but honestly the whole set was perfect.



Not sure if it was the atmosphere (gorgeous, tall pines) or what . . . but High Sierra was definitely the best show I saw all summer. Plus, I met a new TBC friend! I cannot wait for the tour to start! Chicago is next!!

I leave you with an extended Chris dance -- my favorite!

No comments: