Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chicago 8/21/10



The show on August 21, 2010 at the Chicago Theater was my first two-setter of the year and my first show of the Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys tour. And what a way to start! The band was definitely in a good mood and Chris was joking with Steve, as always, kicking his maracas right before they started:



Acoustic Set:
Soul Singing
Hotel Illness
Good Friday
What Is Home
Downtown Money Waster
Do Right Woman
Jealous Again
My Heart's Killing Me
Thorn In My Pride
She Talks To Angels


Highlights in the acoustic set, for me, were Hotel Illness (amazing on Croweology!), Do Right Woman and My Heart's Killing Me. I took a video of Jealous Again, the acoustic version of which I especially like live since the Croweology version doesn't have Rich on vocals.



I have to tell you that the show really took off, however, with the electric set. I LOVED the Morning Song - Stare It Cold - Morning Song opener -- and took a video of the refrain:



Electric Set:
My Morning Song ->
Stare It Cold ->
My Morning Song
Isn't It About Time
Dirty Hair Halo
Make Glad
Descending
Girl From The North Country
Ballad In Urgency ->
Wiser Time

- encore -
Remedy
Thick N Thin
Don't Do It


It is always great to hear Descending but really I could not believe I got to hear Dirty Hair Halo! That was a first for me and it was really, really good. The band is just starting to get into the tour groove and I can't wait for more shows. Thanks Chicago, however, for being such a great crowd that the band extended their encore by two songs, ending with my favorite cover Don't Do It.


this is just the beginning . . . sixteen shows to go

No comments: