Thursday, December 30, 2010

Guest Post from Becki!

Dear Readers,

Now that the band is off tour and on hiatus (and, consequently, me too!), I promise to start regaling you with stories from the road, show reviews, song discussions, lots of ♥, and maybe even a few more guest posts. But, first, to kick things off, here's a guest post from my BFF Becki, who went to three shows with me this year, including the first two Fillmore shows.

I had originally asked Eva if I could write a guest blog about all of The Black Crowes shows I saw with her this year and what was my favorite songs or moments. No matter where I started with this entry it always ends up being more about Matt’s goofy laugh, or Eva learning The Office jokes or Scott being the father figure to Matt. I’ll get to all that, but I do need to talk about the shows too, right?

I’ve known Eva for a little over 2 years, and even after a brief friendship hiatus everything fell back into place in LA. On her first trip to visit me in Pennsylvania we saw The Black Crowes in Jim Thorpe (yes the epic fight took place here) and ever since then I was hooked. We saw them together in Reno, and woke up the next morning to book ridiculous flights to San Diego and bought insanely expensive tickets and saw another amazing show. My friendship with Eva has been nothing but exciting, fun and thrilling. I met Matt through Facebook a year ago and we eventually went to see The Black Crowes together in Scranton of this year and immediately we joked as if we had known each other for years. Scott met Eva at shows in San Francisco last year I believe and again, we all became fast friends…. dare I even say kindreds?

In the end my blog entry is about friends. It’s about Dave looking over at me after an epic Rich Robinson jam and saying “that was magical.” It’s about holding hands with Eva and Matt during my first live version of ‘Oh Josephine’. It’s about being with Pat for his first show. It’s about Scott being able to identify a song within the first 5 chords. It’s about Matt leaving to get a beer or for a bathroom break every time the band plays ‘She Talks To Angels’. It’s about dancing with Brandon to ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’ sung unforgettably by Steve Gorman. While I love The Black Crowes, all of these shows mean so much more to me than just the music or it being their last shows or the release of a new album. I know that Chris Robinson has said that the break is temporary, and for this I’m super thankful, because my favorite people and I have tons more memories to make.



Becki's photo from LA 12/11/10


Thank you Becki! I could not agree more -- one of my favorite things about this band is all the wonderful and amazing people I've met!

More soon!

4 comments:

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Sounds like great memories! xoxoxoo

Michelle's Style File said...

Great pic of the band!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com
GIVEAWAY

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! awesome post!

:)
xx

http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

Innocent Inalegwu Alifa said...

Sounds like what inspires a followership... a wonderful piece...